Keep ‘Em Busy: Kid’s Edition
They’re small, cute and sometimes sticky. They’re the little ones we love and adore but fear may get bored as you walk down the aisle and say I do. Never fear, we’re here to help! This guide will give you some ideas to keep the kiddos busy and entertained all night long!
Step One: Think Kid
What did you love doing when you were younger? What are things that a 3 year old will enjoy but also a 10 year old? What do their parents suggest?
Above: Jason Jarvis Photography
Step Two: Put it into action!
There’s so many ideas out there but this guide will help you narrow it down to four ways to keep the kids busy throughout the entire night!
- Have a designated kid’s table with place cards because if you remember walking into your first grade classroom trying to find your name, then you remember how exciting that little gesture was. You could even place some crayons on the table that they can use to customize their place cards!
- You can never go wrong with a gift bag! Fill the bag with a small coloring book, crayons, a wedding puzzle, candy, and more. Fill as basket with bags, sit it on the favor table, and let the little ones know to grab it after the ceremony. Not only will they feel special but they’ll have lots to do!
- Have a card making station for kids at their table to write or draw something nice for the couple! This will be such a cute thing for the couple to read after the wedding is over and the kids will feel like they were able to give a gift to the newlyweds!
- Pull them out on the dance floor! We all know that kids love to shake their booty so let them have some fun! Put on a kid song or two throughout the night that they can’t hep but hop on the dance floor and bust some moves. The adults will get a quick laugh and it sure does make for some of the cutest pictures!
- A dessert spread is always a great go to for children! Having an array of desserts or a gelato cart will get their attention from the get go. And, let’s face it, some of your friends may have a bigger sweet tooth than the kids so it’ll be there for everyone to enjoy!
Right: Jessica Boudreoux Photography