Since the holidays are just around the corner, we thought it would blog-appropriate to write about booking your wedding on a holiday or holiday weekend. Here are some pros & cons we came up with:
- Most guests will have the time off from work given the national holiday
- It will be easy to come up with the theme & color schema for your wedding
- Guests will have an extra day for traveling because of time off from work
- You won’t have as large of a guest list, because some guests won’t be able to make it due to the holiday – & minimizing your guest list will save you money!
- Guests will be in festive spirit because of the holiday
- Your anniversary will always fall on a holiday or a holiday weekend, so you will always have time to celebrate
- Venues, vendors, & hotels up-charge on holiday weekends, so it will be a more expensive wedding
- Complaining guests…. inconveniencing your guests’ plans with family & friends will ultimately lead to complaints from your guests & no-shows
- Traveling expenses are more expensive (Flights = $$$ :: Driving = heavy traffic)
- Guests have to plan far in advance because holiday weekends at hotels book quickly
- Your anniversary will always fall on a holiday or a holiday weekend, so you will always have to share your anniversary with a holiday
At The Lesner Inn, we’ve had many holiday weddings. Whether it be New Years Day, Valentine’s Day, 4th of July or any of the national holiday weekends, we’ve done it. Holiday or not, you can’t replace the view of the Lynnhaven River! Waterfront venues in Virginia Beach are the way to go – so call us for your next event!