You know you’re in Virginia Beach when it’s not strange to be out and about in shorts and flip flops because the temperature has made it over 50 degrees. The anticipation of warmer weather is just too much to resist. It’s no secret that we all love the warmer months, and March is the perfect time to make that transition away from the cold. With temperatures rising, spirits lifting, and excitement rising, March may just be the perfect month to plan your wedding for. I can tell you’re a bit skeptical, so here are a few of my top reasons ;)
Consider The Lesner Inn during your venue search! & Don’t forget to vote for us in BEST OF Virginia Beach: http://hamptonroads.com/bestof
- $avings! As we transition away from the cold months, March is still considered “off-peak” for most venues and vendors. This will typically boast an overall discount of 20% for you entire wedding.
- Day Light Savings: The recent switch in time will allow for a bit more daylight on your special day. That means more time for your ceremony and beautiful sunset pictures.
- The more the merrier! Just as this time frame is off-peak for your vendors, it will likely be off-peak for your guests and their work schedules. This will hopefully allow for them to take vacation and have an awesome time at your wedding!
- No sweating. Although a Summer wedding has it’s upsides, their notorious for overheated guests and sweat spots on your fancy wedding clothes. There’s always somewhere to cool off during a March wedding.
- Color options are endless this time of year. While we transition from the cool colors of winter and move into the softer pastels of spring, you’re left with a palette of color combinations to please any and everyone.
- While there’s a nice chill in the air, the sun is out & the flowers are blooming. It won’t be unbearable to take your wedding photos outside. So even at The Lesner Inn, you’ll get to enjoy our beautiful view of the Lynnhaven River — and show it off through your wedding photographs.
- Daisies, peonies, tulips, & roses are the IN-FLOWERS in March.
- A March wedding lends itself to a very versatile decorating ideas, allowing you to create a very unique wedding.
At The Lesner Inn, we’re often asked about the details of your wedding timeline & where it pertains to us. Our rule of thumb is if you have a lot of events throughout the evening, and a lot of guests to entertain, make sure you have the time to do it! Also – since we’re awaterfront venue in Virginia Beach, our sunsets are a main attraction – and thus, another factor into the wedding timeline.
We’ve seen many timelines but here’s what we think works best:
Afternoon Ceremony & Reception
- 9:00 AM: Vendors /Wedding party have access to the venue for set up
- 10:00 AM: First Look Photographs
- 11:00 AM: Ceremony
- 11:30 AM: Cocktail Hour /Family Portraits
- 12:15 PM: Bridal Party announcements
- 12:30 PM: First dance
- 12:40 PM: Lunch
- 1:00 PM: First dances with the parents
We will be hosting our first annual open house on January 18th from 2 – 6 PM. Please stop by if you are in the area and would like some free food & drinks, and the chance to learn more about our venue and see the work of some of VB’s finest vendors! RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/events/310040035848287/
As a guest, your job is easy-shmeasy. You show up at the ceremony & reception, you send your best wishes to the happy couple, and you enjoy all of the food, alcohol & music. You really don’t have to do anything else, unless you’re specifically asked to participate in another way. That being said, there are number of things you should NEVER do at a wedding:
There’s so many ways to personalize your wedding and share your story with the world, without simply telling them it in your vows or speeches. At The Lesner Inn, one of our favorite ways our newlyweds personalize their wedding is through their menu. Even though we provide all of the food for your wedding (with exception to the cake) we love to work with our couples to make sure they are able to personalize their menu. Take a look at some of our ideas below & what we’ve done in the past!
It’s your special day, and minutes before the ceremony music cues your bridal party to start walking down the aisle a crisis occurs. One of your groomsmen has had one too many drinks, trips, and spills his jack & coke on the guest table. He looks down and notices his boutonniere has come undone. No one has the time nor the knowledge to fix the table or the boutonnieres quickly — so who do you turn to? This is a perfect scenario that differentiates the duties of the venue coordinator and the wedding coordinator. While your wedding coordinator quickly assembles the boutonniere and pins it to the groomsman, your venue coordinator is re-linening & re-setting the table as it was before.
If your wedding venue provides catering (which, we do!), then they should offer tastings. Let’s be real, who buys a car without test driving it first? And when it comes to the most important day of your life, why leave anything to chance? Lesner Inn offers their potential clients their choice of 4 hors-doeuvres to 3 entrees. Since tastings have become increasingly important, as more and more couples choose to personalize everything (from signature cocktails to cakes & desserts), we thought it would be important to give our readers some tips on how to take advantage of your tastings.
Lately, it seems like everyone has some sort of allergy or special food requirement. Working with so many guests and pleasing everyone’s palettes can be challenging at times, but there is no reason that anyone should go hungry. To help you out, we’ve compiled a few tips to help with your picky eaters.
1. When sending out invitations and notes for your guests to RSVP, include a check-box for guests to indicate if they have any special food requirements. When you get everyone’s RSVP back, you’ll know who to follow up with about these unique needs!
There are only 15 more Fridays until Christmas! And that means it’s time to start planning your Holiday functions. Lesner Inn is excited to have hosted numerous charity fundraisers, end-of-the year banquets, family reunions, and corporate parties all in the name of the holidays! If you’re looking for an excuse to throw a festive function with us, we’ve come up with just a few…
Lesner Inn is proud to offer daytime weddings which can begin at any time, and conclude by 3pm. Many brides are skeptical of such an early start time, but we’ve compiled the top 8 reasons why daytime weddings rock.
1. Daytime weddings are cheaper. This day is going to be expensive enough, why not save some dough and have an awesome daytime event?
2. Daytime events can begin at ANYtime. That’s right, we could even do sunrise. And how romantic would that be?! The sun rises in the perfect spot from the deck at Lesner Inn, making for a beautiful ceremony.