Every vendor’s planning process is different, but here are some of the best tips to make sure that you are prepared for every planning meeting up until your wedding day!
VenueAt Lesner Inn, we have two planning meetings after booking. The first will take place 90 days from the event, and the second will be two weeks out. If your wedding venue is doing your catering, this is something that you will need to consider before these meetings.
- 90 Day Meeting: It is best to go into this meeting with at least an idea of details like your menu, floor plan, linens, rental décor, and guest count. If you have decided that you want a buffet, but can’t decide if you would like to serve beef or fish with your chicken entrée then this is also a great time to sit down for a tasting! We also ask that you have a general idea of your timeline at the 90 day meeting. Although we know that this will change several times after you meet with each vendor, we like for you to have a realistic idea of when food is served at Lesner Inn, and the amount of time that it will take from your evening so that this information can be relayed to your other vendors.
- Final Meeting (2 weeks from wedding): Your final meeting is where all final details and changes must be made to the working contract. Keep in mind that some of your vendors may require for you to provide a meal for them, so make sure to relay this information to us at this time!
PhotographerPlanning with your photographer includes making decisions such as the amount of time they will stay to take photos and what types of photos and poses you are interested in taking. If you’re unsure of how to respond to these questions, here are some suggestions on what questions to ask yourself before going into the meeting:
- What is my timeline on the day of, and where is everything happening?
- What do I want my photographer to capture on my wedding day? (Ex: Getting hair & makeup done, pre-ceremony bridal party photos, sunrise/sunset, first look, ceremony, first dances, cake cutting, reception dancing, special exit, etc.)
- Where do I want photos to be taken on the day of? If you want photos on Chicks Beach at Sunset then not only should your photographer know, but also your venue/caterer, and MC so that the event can flow seamlessly with no gaps or waiting around.
- Who do I want photos with? Make a list of specific people that you want photos with to make sure that your photographer will be able to check them off as they go.
- What kind of photos do I want most? (Candid, posed, group shots, etc.)
FloristYour florist is going to be interested in several aspects of your wedding design, and you may be overwhelmed with the amount of details they will need. Here are some of the topics you should be ready to discuss with your florist:
- What is your color scheme?
- What linen colors are going to be on the tables?
- Are there any specific types of florals that you want to be included?
- Will you be providing your own vases/other containers?
- What kind of bouquet do you want for you & your bridesmaids? If you’re unsure, then check out this blog from Inside Weddings!
- Are there any special guests to receive corsages/boutonnieres?
- How many tables need to be decorated?
- What would you like for your arch to look like?
EntertainmentWhether you’ve hired a DJ, band, or ukulele player, they’re going to want to know the type of music you will want played during the contracted time. This includes letting them know that you DO NOT want the “Chicken Dance” played at any time throughout the event. Additionally, they will need to know your timeline, names of anyone being announced, special dances/games for during the reception and the songs that you want played for each, etc. Don’t forget that 9 times out of 10 your musical entertainment will also be the MC for the event.
BakeryObviously this is going to be one of the most enjoyable planning meetings because you get to taste a bunch of sweet treats! Make sure that you are ready to discuss any intricate designs that you want for your cake, so that your bakery can know what you are expecting.
We hope that you are enjoying the planning process and that you keep in mind what this celebration is all about! Nothing is better than the day you get to walk down the aisle and enjoy a beautiful event with your friends, family, and new spouse!!